Thursday, January 22, 2009

Erik's Thoughts

Dear Dad,

I think it is best if you do fill a suitcase of vitamins from home the children need them. Something I wish I packed was a belt, because you lose weight here but if you don’t bring one no problem, you can buy them easily here. I got one for 10birr. Bring a pair of sandals, it isn’t nice to wear shoes all the time. The first week I wore shoes almost all the time and then my feet started to peel so I had to start wearing sandals. You have to wear shoes if you plan on going out longer otherwise your feet would get pretty dusty. Bring some insect repellant sometimes there are mosquitoes and black flies but they are not too too bad, it is just nice to have the option. Also I don’t know if there is anything for flea bites but you are bound to get flea bites down here. I have them all over my legs it is really itchy mom is getting them too. The bites are most likely from the line taxies.

Oh a garlic crusher and brown sugar. That is something and we would like an we are probably gonna need more sunscreen because we gave out a bottle to a missionary who lost her luggage. Mom is dead set on making humus so bring a can of chick peas, we found dried chick peas but we couldn’t make them soft.

Love Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment