Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 26th Satu Writes

Hi David!

How is everything going?

I have been finding more about the Christian Organization Regular is working with on outskirts of Addis place called Kechen. This program was started around 3 years ago by Swiss and some Ethiopians. It’s called Bright Future Ethiopia. Right now they have 2 full time workers (Ethiopian).( Erik and I actually were at the wedding of one of them yesterday. I’ll send a pic of it. ) Regular will be working full time with them to but on a support from churches in Switzerland. Bright Future is a sort of like a support/training center for orphans and a kids from single parent families. They are trying to help the relatives of orphaned kids to foster the children with the help of the Bright Future. Also, they are supplementing the kids education after school. The single mothers get some support and life skills from the center as well. There are also some HIV positive moms that need a medical support etc. Regular is working with the kids teaching them in after school programs. One of her jobs is to work with kids on more creative level; crafts and arts. She will be involved in planning and administration as well I am sure. And as I told you she has an amazing gift in music (kind of like Gordon). For next few weeks Regular will be studying Amharic full time.

Erik and I will go with Regular this Thursday and see the compound they are working in. I asked Regular if they at the Bright Future could give the chewable vitamine tablets to the kids there. She said they would be very happy to do so. 1/3 of the kids that come there are malnourished. She would give the tablets to the kids daily when they come there rather than handing them out to the families. (I think that is a good plan).

I continue to pray that God will guide our family and our Church family in how to best help one another. I must go now and help Erik with his math. I’ll be talking to you later. Lots of love,
Satusi

No comments:

Post a Comment